Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Living in Borcacay with the locals

When i first told Ate Gigi about organizing a trip to Boracay she was pretty excited. I wasn't planning on staying at a 5 star hotel, but i had my eye on some Australian Back backer places that were basic and cheap. An email later she has already organized somewhere for us to stay. Gigi has her connections and as a result i had the opportunity to live with the locals on Boracay.

We stayed on the bottom floor. There was one large room, separated by bed sheets acting as walls. It was divided into three rooms. There was a kitchen and a pretty decent bathroom.

This is Lola and she owns this house. I could never understand anything she said, but she always smiled at me, kissed me on the cheeks and always made me eat food. She also gave me a hat. I felt completely at home with Lola and didn't even feel an once of embarrassment when she would use the toilet while i washing naked. She was like a second Lola.
This is the house keeper. I never caught her name as she was deaf and mute, but she made me laugh. She showed me pictures of her children and told me stories through her hands. She would poke at our bums and grasp our breasts while we looked at our selves in the mirror in our bikinis. I could tell she was thinking back to her teens. She would quickly grab another photo album and show me pictures of her self in her sexy bikinis. She was and still remains a beautiful woman.

A group of men would always gather next door. They always asked if i wanted a drink. They sang Karaoke every night and played cards, they were gentle men. The one making a peace sign got us a cheap boat ride for the day. He also has one son, who is also his only daughter. It's amazing how he accepts the fact that his only child is a Bakla. The house keeper would always make penis signs with her hands when ever the shemale walked past. lol.


We were a 10 min walk away from white beach.

No comments: